I’m not really a statistics-gal. It’s not that I don’t find them useful; they can definitely shed a lot of light on any given topic. I’m just more drawn to stories. Tell me a story any day, and I’m all ears.
*Side note: my husband and I have a running joke about how we communicate events that happen to us throughout our day. He’s a ‘get-right-to-the-point’ kind of guy. Lead with the punch line and he’s hooked. Me? I need to tell the full story, including all the details. Let’s start at the very beginning…a very good place to start (sung in my best Maria VonTrapp voice). And somewhere around the middle of my story, I look over and he’s got this glazed-over look on his face. I lost him somewhere around detail #46. So, despite all my best instincts, I’ve had to learn how to condense my stories to him and lead with the punchline. Now with my girlfriends, that’s another story (hashtag no detail left behind).*
So, (now that YOU’RE properly bored by all those details) I’ve learned that things like statistics, bullet points and main ideas can be very helpful, not to mention important, given the right context. Plus, I’m a big fan of looking back through journals and writings to see themes, things that I’ve learned, or things that God’s been teaching me. Since I’m coming up on the year anniversary of starting this blog (!), I wanted to look back and see what the most popular posts were this past year. Without further ado (or more added details), here are the Top 10 Posts of 2015, strictly based on the numbers (some of these were actually my personal favorites as well).
10. 31 Days?! – Where I announce my acceptance of the crazy-fun Write31Days challenge, which turned out to be one of my favorite things of the year.
9. Hope and Waiting Go Hand-in-Hand – In which I got rather raw and honest about a season of waiting and desire and hoping for good things from God…
8. When Others Hold on for Us – The one with the vanilla milkshake lady.
7. The Beauty of the Yet – This was one of my personal favorites. Such a simple three-letter word, and yet (see what I did there?) it packs such a punch.
6. Hope for 31 Days – This was day 1 of the Write31Days challenge as well as the landing page for the rest of the series. Also known as the Wal-Mart Story.
5. Final Thoughts – The final post of Hope for 31 Days. Two words – Hope. Wins.
4. What I Learned in July – The one where I managed to glean spiritual truths from the whining of my dog. Seriously.
3. Hope Shines Brightest in the Dark – Another personal favorite. While difficult to write, God was helping me process through a pretty dark season (hence, the blog post title).
2. What I Learned in August – In which we discuss everything from Mad Men to nail polish to the fact that everyone needs a tribe and vacation means not having to drive anywhere.
1. When Hope Hurts – Because we’ve probably all been there, at one time or another.
Thanks for reading here. Praying you find hope smack in the middle of the everyday.